Wednesday, May 16, 2012

How I Spent My 21st....

First off I'm happy to say I didn't have to make my own cake. Second, I'm happy to say I had cinnamon rolls instead of cake. Third, my birthday was horrible. =[
On my actual birthday I had class from 5:30pm to 9:10 pm, so we decided to celebrate my birthday on that Friday instead. However, I had to make a cake for another kid's birthday also. The cake was for one of KettlePopped's coworker's grandson who loves Bakugan. We later dicovered his favorite color was green, and so we decided to create a green dragon Bakugan cake. 

This was a yellow cake with a home-made chocolate icing, covered in a chocolate fondant (which is why this cake ranks #1 as biggest pain in butt), complete with the Bakugan in its ball form and the actual creature which adorned the top.The ball, and what was supposed to be the Bakugan sunburst were made from my home-made fondant, and the dragon was modeling chocolate with sugar sheet wings.

The chocolate fondant was pretty much made of fondant and modeling chocolate and put together, but the problem was it hardened like a rock once we let it set. I was finished with everything on my part, but KettlePopped had spent hours fixing the fondant before we could even move on. 

Once we delivered it though, the kids and parents loved it. The parents thought the dragon on top was a toy, but in fact KettlePopped had modeled that all by himself. As soon as the cake came in the kids sat the table ready to dig in. Later, KettlePopped's coworker told him it tasted as good as it looked.

What made this birthday suck, was right after we delivered the cake and walked out to my car to go home, change, and go out to dinner with my family, my car wouldn't start. Somehow from the time we went in the house (for about 5 minutes) and came out my car had died. No lights were left on and I had about half a tank of gas. So we had to wait for my dad to come over and jump my car. What made things worse was at the restaurant, I got bits of metal shishkabob sticks jammed into my gums. It pretty much ruined my night, because it hurt and scared the crap out of me. Oh well, better luck next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment