Monday, July 2, 2012

A Nerd's Bday: Chapter 2 StarCraft

Now, if you don't know StarCraft very well, like myself and almost all non-Koreans (haha, jk) you may not know what you're looking at. This was the cake we made for Greg's older brother, TJ, who turned 20 this June. We were sitting at work together on break and he said he wanted a StarCraft cake. I asked KettlePopped for help on design on this one since I had no idea what to do, and since he plays SC with TJ online.
The cake is a 13"x9" chocolate cake layered with different colors of buttercream icing. I bought flavored rock candy for the blue crystals which represent minerals, which is like money in the game (i guess).
The little dudes go out and mine, bringing back to base their findings. The base and these little dudes, along with the tank were made from chocolate. KettlePopped told me to add space animals which could be anything. So I made a little walrus and black beaver (I was too lazy to make brown when I already had black), representing Greg and my brother. The story was to be TJ was the commander and was gonna hunt down our brothers. He thought it was funny.
First, when he arrived at our house KettlePopped set up a new cake board with candles "20" lit on it and said his cake was a cloaked banshee (game thing). TJ loled. Then I brought out the real cake. His mom was like "question mark", but TJ went off rambling what each thing was which was all that mattered. As long as he knew what it was, even though the rest of us were completely lost, she was happy.

Note: This cake took from June 10-11th.

No comments:

Post a Comment